Just 14 teams remain after Oct. 28th that are eligible to win it all in 2017.
Yes, "it's better than the BCS."
NCAA National Title eligibility = Non P5 Conferences must go undefeated / P5 Conferences can have 1-loss or less.
Non-P5 teams still undefeated =
AAC - Central Florida
P5 teams with 1-loss or less =
ACC - VA TECH / CLEMSON / MIAMI
B12 - OK STATE / OKLAHOMA / TCU
B10 - PENN STATE / OHIO STATE / WISCONSIN
P12 - WASHINGTON
SEC - UGA / ALABAMA
You also have the weird Notre Dame. They are technically still eligible to win. However, they won't get the conference champion bonus point being independent from a league. So they are like a team who is really good and could be in the final tourney in the end, but only if they sell 500 candy bars by midnight. So there is a chance.
Week 10's Top 5 Games (that actually have meaning):
5. Penn State @ Michigan State Someone has to lose back-to-back
4. Clemson @ NC State Who is 'For Real'
3. LSU @ Alabama Both teams have had two weeks to think about it
2. Va Tech @ Miami This will be the biggest game for both schools in awhile
1. Oklahoma @ OK State This is a true elimination game & a rivalry
Now you are all caught up. Go out and root for your teams. Just keep in mind that there are only 14 left that still matter. I hope yours is one of them.