Fireworks & Pet Safety: Its the day most pets are lost than any other! Many Animal Control Officers across the state say they see an increase in lost pets during fireworks, so here are some great tips to keep your pets SAFE!
It’s the day more pets are lost than any other. Here are some things you can do to keep fido or fluffy feeling safe and less anxious.
- Create a sense of calmness and compete with the noise by turning on a radio or television.
- Place a cotton ball in their ears while the fireworks go on (just remember to take them out!)
- Stay with your pet or have a family member or friend dog-sit for the day to give them a sense of security.
- Take your dog out on a leash when they need to use the bathroom so they are not alone and cannot run away at the noise of fireworks.
- Play fetch with them (not outside), put on some relaxing music, and reward them with treats.
- Most importantly, keep them far away from the fireworks show!
Source:Good Morning America
Copyright 2020 Dr. Dave's Ultimate Prep | Premiere Networks